Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy Women’s day

In the recent parliamentary speech by Dr Vivian Balakrisnan (Minister for community development, Singapore), mentioned that most domestic problems are caused by irresponsible men. When I first heard it I didn’t agree, and after much thought I agree with him. He said before marriage he opened a joint bank account with his wife and his pay would go into that account and he allowed his wife to control his spending. He treated that as a leach. This brought about the responsibility that the money is also his wife’s. It might sound un-manly for some but I think it’s a good idea. I think I would follow it.

On this day I would also like to make a vow with my reader’s as witness that I am not going to follow one Hindu custom that the wife touches the husband’s feet to get blessing from her husband. Getting blessing form elders by touching their feet is fine but between husband and wife I want equality and I feel that my wife falling to my feet is unfair.

2 comments:

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

happy women's day!

Vasanthan said...

@gunj:thanks but i am a guy....